UPDATE – Because of the coronavirus lockdown all sport including cricket is suspended until further notice. If and when we can play cricket this summer, further information will be provided.
Summer is just around the corner and junior cricket in Hemingford is back from May. I’ve now taken on the role of Youth Team coordinator after Simon had to step down due to work commitments. I’m sure you will all join me in thanking Simon for the fantastic service he has given to the club and your children over the last few years.
Summary (in case you haven’t got time to read the rest of the email)
- U9 & U11 Sign on Day is Wednesday 22nd April at 6pm (see form here)
- 5 year olds to Year 2 sign up online for the All Stars programme https://www.ecb.co.uk/play/all-stars
- Annual Membership fees for U9s and U11s are the same as last year; £35 (£30 for 2nd child, £25 for third)
- The club are not registering in the new Dynamos programme from the ECB
- Practice for all age groups will be Wednesdays from 6pm, starting 6th May (20th May for Allstars)
- We have a new website http://www.hpcc.co.uk where we hope to manage events and keep people up to date
- We do not have an U13s or U15s coach, so unless a parent steps forward we won’t be running these teams this summer. Please contact me if you can help urgently, it would be a huge shame if our kids can’t play cricket in Hemingford this summer.
5 year olds to Year 2 – Allstars
Signup at the ECB website to join Tim, who has again kindly offered to run the fantastic allstars programme. A perfect introduction to the game in a safe and fun environment.
U9s – Years 3 and 4
Keelan, Andy and Paul have volunteered to run the U9s section this year, and we have decided to try and enter 2 x 6 a side teams to accommodate the unprecedented demand we saw last summer. Games are usually held on Sunday mornings.
Note that you may have received an email about “Dynamos” from the ECB. After some discussion, we have decided not to signup to the Dynamos programme because we lose out on much needed funds (which keeps the club running) to the ECB and we also felt that the Allstars programme was enough.
U11s – Years 5 and 6
Myself and Dave will move up to the next age group and we have decided to enter two teams;
- 8 a side Hardball, a more competitive team
- 8 a side Softball for the kids who still want to play but perhaps aren’t yet ready to step up
Games are usually held on Monday nights. As we have 2 teams, we could really use an extra DBS checked volunteer for some support and in case Dave or I are unavailable.
If any of the higher ability U9s think they are ready to step up an age group early, then please speak with Dave and I.
U13s and U15s
It is with huge regret that we are unlikely to be able offer cricket for these age groups in Hemingford this summer unless a coach comes forward. Please contact me urgently if you think you can help, I can answer questions and the club will offer you the support you need. The season is only 2 and 1/2 months long so its not a huge commitment and it can be a rewarding experience, helping the kids develop and seeing them enjoy themselves.
Please let me know if you have any questions, otherwise I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at sign on day on April 22nd. Keep an eye out on the new club website for all the latest news and fixtures.
HPCC Youth Team Coordinator