We are just about ready to belatedly get going with the new season, starting with the U11s tomorrow night 6pm.
Membership has been reduced to £10 to reflect the shortened season. Please fill in a membership form and bring it with you with payment at your first session. We have already started planning a few fixtures, I’ve entered them into an online calendar here http://www.hpcc.co.uk/events/ . We would like to use WhatsApp groups for all communication as it makes things much easier for coaches, but please let us know if you would rather not be part of a dedicated group for your age group.
We absolutely encourage parents to get involved and help out with coaching, scoring and umpiring. But please speak with a coach first so we can give you a quick brief of some of the new rules.
As you would expect, it won’t be quite business as usual so I wanted to bring a few things to your attention. We have completed a risk assessment, which you can view here https://1drv.ms/b/s!AgS8GtCHh_SgiJMsbWveGiA-UV82wA?e=I3xeWohttps://1drv.ms/b/s!AgS8GtCHh_SgiJMsbWveGiA-UV82wA?e=I3xeWo . Some of the major COVID-19 relate additions are;
- Players will be reminded to adhere to the 2m rule at the start of each session / game. But we would appreciate if parents can help reinforce this message beforehand.
- We will have a sanitiser break every 20mins.
- Please use the toilet before arriving at a training session. Although the pavilion facilities might be open, use of them is discouraged and is done so at the parents own risk.
- Players are strongly encouraged to bring their own kit where possible. But all shared kit will be will be wiped down with anyi-bacterial wipes before the session begins.
- Coaches will wear latex gloves during training sessions.
- Coaches will take a register at each training session / game. If you are late, please make sure your child’s name is registered.
- Coaches will try and keep players in the same bubbles and pairs where possible.
- Players should try and keep the same ball throughout a session, or at least minimise the number of other children that use it.
- Sessions and games will be limited to 30 people (umpires, coaches and players).
We are still awaiting guidance around commencing All Stars. Please note the U11s are already nearly at capacity, so we might not be able to accommodate any other children that might want to play in that age group and haven’t yet registered interest.
Otherwise we look forward to seeing you at the various sessions this week and throughout what remains of the summer!
Stuart, Dave, Keelan, Paul, Tim and Mike